This post is part of the “From Dreaming to Publishing” series.
- Dense paragraphs frighten and confuse your readers
- By paragraphing more offen (adding white space) your writing becomes more engaging
- More paragraphs » more tension » more speed/action
- Less paragraphs » more relaxation » more introspection
- Skim your novel and notice the white space
- If a scene seems to drag, paragraph more
- Achieve balance, do your chapters all have the same length?
This post is a personal summary of a chapter from the book Self-Editing for Fiction Writers, which I read when preparing for NaNoWriMo. It warns amateur writers for the common pitfalls and provides solutions with examples. I’m sure you’ll find it useful too.