- Your web site is deployed on several countries. The behaviour of the page you want to test (e.g. sign up) is mostly the same across countries, however some business rules change per country.
- You are using the PageObjects pattern to encapsulate the details of each page. You want to avoid duplicated code.
No need to start with the seed – plant the sapling!
I use Selenium to write most of my automated checks, and the PageObjects pattern is a must. My current team is using Cypress and, to my surprise, this test framework recommends
AppActions instead of
PageObjects. So I decided to benchmark both patterns using the following criteria:
- Can it abstract page selectors?
- Can it abstract page actions?
- Is it easy to write and maintain those abstractions?
- Is it easy to write tests?