- Tells a powerful story without a single word
- Game mechanics are explored, not explained
- Puzzles that reward you with “a-ha!” moments
- Smooth and detailed animation and sound effects
- Ingenious and polished level design
- Relaxing and meditative ambient music
- Breathtaking visuals, in terms of scale and usage of color
- You will sometimes slowdown or stop to appreciate the moment
- Your mind will wander, looking for meaning in every detail
- It will hit your feelings
- a tissue box is just as important as a game controller
This is an art game, it’s a whole experience.
The game plays you more than you play it.
I was playing alone, yet multiple times I had to verbalize a “that’s so clever” or a “this is gorgeous”. Often I found myself with a silly tender smile on my face. Or noticed my mouth was open in awe for the last minute.
When I finished I was shaken.
I felt the need for a hug. I felt empty, like left behind by the game.
This is one of the best games I played in my whole life. Your turn.