Playwright enables end-to-end testing. Test modern single page apps, across all modern browsers, using in your preferred language (JS, TS, Java, C#, Python).
I have been hearing about “no-code” solutions for a while but never had the chance to use one. The concept is interesting because programming is usually a barrier for the average person. If they are not required to code, many more people would be able to develop digital and automated solutions to their problems.
Let’s say I want to create a website with a curated list of local clubs and other infrastructures that promote a high quality of life.
Tips & Tricks for Cypress
? This post was featured in Software Testing Weekly, issue 55
This is a collection of simple and recurring scenarios when writing Cypress tests. For more complex recipes, check the official doc.
- Abort cypress after first failed test
- Read a test file from fixtures
- Assert the text of a page (string or number)
- Assert the number of elements selected
- Assert the result of two Cypress commands
- Upload a file
- Given a list, return row that contains specific text
- Selector is flaky due to page redesigns
- Type text into input field and press enter
- Select element inside iframe
- Use selector X to narrow down area, and then use selector Y to find element
- Wait until a network (ie. HTTP/XHR) request resolves
- Wait until a condition becomes true
- Force a specific response to an HTTP request
Framework review: Cypress
He doesn’t have a test strategy ☝️
? This post was featured in Software Testing Weekly, issue 49